Member for Northern Victoria Region, Candy Broad is encouraging artists and art organisations from the Northern Victoria Region to apply for the Brumby Labor Government’s 2010-11 arts funding programs.
Ms Broad said applications were now open for the funding programs.
“Northern Victoria has a vibrant local arts scene and these funding programs are designed to support our artists, whether its for recording a new album, creating an exhibition or touring their work across the state or overseas,” Ms Broad said.
“I’d encourage emerging or established artists, arts companies and community groups in Northern Victoria to investigate the funding programs on offer.
“The Brumby Labor Government is committed to supporting the growth and development of our arts sector across the state and to providing new experiences for audiences and artists.
“The arts and cultural sector contribute to the state’s liveability and national and international identity, as well as to the economy.
Ms Broad said the funding programs supported the creation, presentation and programming of new work, operational costs for arts organisations, regional and international touring, cultural exchange, arts partnerships in community and educational settings and contemporary music projects.
Applications are open to artists and companies working across all artforms and 2010-11 program categories included:
- Annual Operations, which provides operational support for arts organisations for the development, delivery and promotion of a 12 month program;
- Arts Development, which supports Victorian professional artists and arts organisations in the creation, presentation and programming of works;
- Community Partnerships, which supports collaborations between professional artists, arts companies and Victorian communities;
- Education Partnerships, which supports professional artists and arts organisations to work with primary and secondary school students and teachers on an arts projects;
- International, which supports opportunities for cultural exchange, touring and export by Victorian artists and arts organisations; and
- Victoria Rocks, which supports contemporary musicians and bands and strengthens the local music sector.
Closing dates for most programs are in July and August 2010 with a second round of applications closing in March 2012.
Program details, application forms and guidelines can be found at www.arts.vic.gov.au